Archive for the ‘ArcPad 7.1.1’ Category

ArcPad 7.1.1

Friday, June 20th, 2008

This past weekend, I downloaded and installed ESRI ArcPad 7.1.1 on my Dell Axim X50, to see how it worked before installing it on the Trimble Recon. I think that the first mistake that I made in the install was to uninstall all the ESRI and Trimble products, and NOT perform a reset. After installing ArcPad 7.1.1, then Trimble GPSCorrect 2.30, I attempted to run ArcPad. After the program opened, none of the pop-down menues would pop down; I only got the top icon. Time was running out for some other errands that I had to do Sunday, so I just uninstalled what I thought was everything ESRI and Trimble and headed on my way.

At some point early this week, I went onto the Axim and automatically started ArcPad, forgetting that I had “uninstalled” it. Lo and behold, not only had I not uninstalled it, but it worked correctly! So, I went ahead and installed GPSCorrect 2.30 and things still were working just as expected.

Yesterday, while at a site, I had been running ArcPad on the Axim with a low-budget Bluetooth GPS unit (GlobalSat BT-338) that I use to record tracks of traveling. Then, I went to use it, but the screen had dimmed, so I did my usual tap the center of the screen and ArcPad just disappeared! I ran the app again and got to my last save just fine, it had not saved the very last polyline, but up to that point had saved correctly.